Alachua County Educators Plan Rally
Last week, the rally was in Tallahassee, now Alachua County educators plan to have their own rally in Gainesville.
The Alachua County Education Association will be hosting an education rally on Wednesday at 4 p.m. in front of the Kirby Smith Center in Gainesville. The group plans to protest against legislation such as a Senate bill that would base teacher's pay on student performance. It's already passed.
Now they're taking aim at a house bill that addresses the same issues.
Organizers hope teachers, students, and parents will all take part in Wednesday's rally.
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan
- Alachua County Commissioners Formally Discuss Plans for New Biomass Plant
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Alachua County Forever Timber Harvesting Plan
- Alachua County Commissioners Respond to the Koppers Clean Up Plan
- Gainesville-Alachua County Hunger Summit Plan
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 1
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 2
- As Neighborhood Protestors Rally, Church Plans to Add More Signs
- Alachua Co. Branch of the NAACP Rallies Voters in Archer