City Of Alachua Breaks History With New Hire
This week history was made in the City of Alachua.
For the first time ever, a woman is now the city manager.
Traci Cain has called Alachua home her entire life and now she's serving the city she grew up in as city manager.
She started work on Monday, and hit the ground running.
Caine has outlined providing the same level of services with less money being the biggest challenge Alachua is facing.
The new manager is no stranger to city work.
She began her career 18 years ago working in the utility billing department and has served different jobs including heading the human resource department and serving as assistant city manager, even as interim city manager when Alachua was between hires.
She acknowledges breaking new ground, but Caine says Alachua is accepting of change.
Caine wrapped up her first week as city manager this Friday.
- City Of Alachua Opens Multi-Million Doors To New Police Department by Stacey Samuel
- A New Police Station For The City Of Alachua
- City of Ocala Lifts Hiring Freeze
- Matheson Museum Brings Alachua County History to Life
- GPD Hires New Officers
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Record Breaking Number of Free Adoptions in Alachua County
- Peaceful Paths Breaks Ground for New Building
- Breaking Ground On New UF Research Facility
- Hawthorne Breaks Ground on New Housing