Deputies: Armed Suspect Robs Gainesville Walgreens
The bomb squad is currently investigating a package at a Gainesville Walgreens that an armed robbery left behind Saturday afternoon.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office deputies and the bomb squad responded to Walgreens, on NW 39th Ave near I-75, around 3:40 p.m. Saturday after an armed robbery.
Deputies said an employee told deputies that the robber said he left an explosive device at the pharmacy counter.
Investigators say the suspect got away with prescription drugs. Pharmacy workers called authorities, who then evacuated the store. Bomb squad members took apart the package and found no bomb.
The suspect fled the scene. He is described as a white male, approximately 5'10, 180 pounds, and wearing a brown shirt, brown cap and blue jeans.
- Deputies: Suspect Who Robbed Gainesville Walgreens Found Dead In His Backyard
- Deputies: Suspect Buys Cigarettes, Returns Later To Rob Gas Station
- Armed Suspect Robs High Springs Gas Station
- Police: Two Armed Suspects Rob Business, Duct Tape Victim
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery
- Deputies: Gainesville Man Stalks, Sends Threatening Messages To Two Women
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Armed gunman robs barbershop
- Deputies: Teen Kills Father in Domestic Dispute