Deputies: Three Stage Car Crash, Try To Claim Insurance Money
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -Three people are facing criminal charges after allegedly staging a crash in Tampa.
According to online Hillsborough County jail records, the three were charged with participation in a staged motor vehicle accident.
The members of the trio were being held on $7,500 bond each. It's unclear if any of the three suspects had an attorney. None of the suspects had posted bond by Saturday afternoon.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office reports that the staged crash was an attempt to claim insurance money.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers
- Deputy Recalls Crash, Looks to Future
- Deputies: Man Tries To Mask Drugs With Lotion, Air Freshener
- Deputies: Resident Thwarts Would-Be Car Thief With Keyless Device
- Car Crash Claims Two Children's Lives
- Three Injured in Archer Road Car Crash
- Man Charged With Crashing Into Deputy's Car, Fleeing
- Sheriff's Deputy One of Two Victims Injured in Series of Car Crashes
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Alachua County School Bus In Crash, Minor Injuries Reported