FHP Search For Man Who Shot At State Troopers
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol is searching for a 37-year-old man who shot at state troopers trying to pull him over for a traffic stop in Central Florida.
Authorities say Brody James Whitaker was driving a 1999 Chevy Suburban with California plates on Thursday when he opened fire on troopers during a short pursuit that ended in a traffic crash.
The troopers were not injured. Whitaker fled on foot.
The FHP says Whitaker has been in contact with friends and family and could be headed to Arkansas.
Brody is described as White male, 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 150
pounds. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information can contact the FHP at 813-631-4020.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man who shot at FHP trooper now dead
- Officials Search For Man Who Shot At Deputies
- Marion Deputies Search For Man Who Shot Andre Thomas
- Funeral Services For FHP Trooper Chelsea Richard Being Held Thursday
- Several Children Injured In I-75 Crash Involving FHP Trooper
- Police Search for Gunman Who Shot Four Men
- FHP trooper hurt in crash while escorting body of fellow trooper
- Police Searching For Man Who Posed As Cop, Assaulted Woman
- Gainesville Police Search For Man Who Exposed Himself In Parking Lot
- Officers search for a man who attempted to abduct an 11 year old