Fla. Man Dies In Skydiving Accident
ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. (AP)- A man died in an apparent skydiving accident in Pasco County.
Zephyrhills police say 68-year-old Paul C. Luter III experienced a problem with his parachute during a jump Friday afternoon.
Skydive City general manager David T.K. Hayes says it appears Luter's main shoot began to spin after it opened. By the time Luter cut away from his main parachute at about 300 feet, there was not enough altitude for the reserve parachute to deploy.
Luter, who was an experienced skydiver, appears to have died instantly.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Keystone Veteran Dies in Skydiving Accident
- Woman Dies on Fla. Keys Dive Trip
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Universal Ejects Fla. Man Because of T-shirt
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Fla. Man Sentenced In Plot To Smuggle Turtles
- Fla. Man Stalks, Kills Diamondback Rattlesnake
- Fla. Man Sentenced to Seven Years For Attacking Wife With Hatchet
- Fla. Man Charged With Stealing Headstone Vases
- Fla. Man Charged With 305 Counts of Child Porn