Fla. Woman Says Steelers Player Attacked Her In A Nightclub
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A Florida woman is suing Pittsburgh Steeler Santonio Holmes, saying he attacked her in an Orlando nightclub.
Anshonoe Mills claims in the lawsuit that Holmes grabbed her face and threw a glass at her when he objected to her sitting on a couch in the Rain Night Club's VIP section on March 7. Mills says the glass hit her and cut her near the eye.
The lawsuit also claims Holmes and a police officer intimidated Mills so she wouldn't press charges.
Orlando Police Sgt. Barbara Jones hadn't seen the lawsuit and
Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said team officials were gathering information and had no immediate comment.
Holmes' teammate, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, was accused earlier this month of assaulting a Georgia college student. He has not been charged.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fla. Man Sentenced to Seven Years For Attacking Wife With Hatchet
- Funeral Held For Football Player Killed At Fla. Hotel
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Woman Dies on Fla. Keys Dive Trip
- Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
- Fla. Woman Tries To Blow Up Own Apartment Building
- Fla. Woman Accused of Selling Phony IPhones In Identity Theft Scam
- Police Say Woman Made Up Story of Attack
- Teen: Leader Offered Money in Fla. Burn Attack
- Burned Fla. Teen Thought He Would Die From Attack