Hotel Sales Up from Last Year's Gatornationals
Hotel managers are hoping to see more rooms booked this year during Gatornationals than last year.
More hotels are booked this year, but employees say they hope those numbers continue to rise.
Thirteen of the 60 hotels in Gainesville are at full occupancy... up from only 8 this time last year.
Tourism experts say... while the number has gone up, it's still below where it used to be for a few reasons.
They say a trip that used to last four or five days for a lot of people is just a weekend get-away now.
They say they expect hotel sales will not only pick up... but be better than last year, predicting the usual Gatornational turnout of about 100,000.
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- Horse Prices at OBS Winter Mix Sale Higher than Last Year
- 2012 'Teacher of the Year' Resigns After Entering Agreement on Charge of Touching a Student
- Sales Tax Holiday's Last Day
- Roadside Safety Checkpoint in Alachua County on New Year's Eve
- Marion County New Year's Health Resolution
- No Days Off on New Year's for Law Enforcement Officers
- New Year's Resolution: Financially Fit in 2012
- New Year's Eve Brings Music, Money to Gainesville
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals