Lake City Community College Gets A New Name
After 40 years being known as Lake City Community College, the school has gotten approval to change its name.
Starting July 1st, the college will be known as Florida Gateway College. The new name was approved last week by the Florida Division of Florida Colleges.
Lake City Community College serves Baker, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist and Union counties with more than 7,500 students.
The college joins Central Florida Community College in the name change division.
Friday CFCC was approved to be called College of Central Florida starting in May.
- Division of Community Colleges Gets a New Name
- Community Paper Gets New Name
- Lake City Gets New Police Chief
- Brevard Community College Officially Changes Name
- Lake City Community Comes Together to Show Support for Cason Family
- The City of Hampton Gets A New City Council and Mayor
- New Hampshire Fugitive Arrested in Lake City
- City of Newberry Unsure How to Manage New Community Center
- City of Gainesville To Get New Traffic Signal Software
- Santa Fe College Named Top-10 College In The Nation