Ocala Girl Charged with Aggravated Cyberstalking
An Ocala girl has been charged with aggravated cyberstalking. Marion County Sheriff's Deputies linked the suspect, and 15-year-old victim, to an adult porn site.
Shannon Marie Mitchell, a senior at Vanguard High School in Ocala, maintains several social networking accounts, but it was what she posted on one particular site, that brought her to the Juvenile Detention Center in Ocala.
According to detectives, Mitchell posted photos along with a phone number of her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend, who is fifteen-years-old, on a porn site.
"Aong with putting the photo up there," Judge Cochran, spokesperson for Marion County Sheriff's Office said, "she also put some comments, basically, saying this person will do these particular sexual acts."
Deputies say adult men started calling the fifteen-year-old girl. Investigators contacted the porn website, who provided the IP address behind the posts.
In the state of Florida, cyberstalking a minor under 16 years of age, is a third degree felony. Deputies say Mitchell has been released from the Juvenile Detention Center in Ocala, and is waiting for her court date. If convicted she could face up to a $5,000 fine, and a maximum of five years in prison.
- Ocala Man Allegedly Fractures Toddler's Skull
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Cyberstalking, Making Death Threats Towards Victim
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Man Charged With Killing Girl, 4, Receives Life Sentence
- Father Forces Young Daughter to Do Extreme Exercises, Chokes Her
- School district investigation closed in school bus assault
- Alachua County school bus aide out on bail