8 people are dead in murder/suicide in home in Bell. Deputies say Don Spirit killed his daughter/6 kids, then himself.
Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
A Gainesville man is behind bars Friday after he hit a police car and then attempted to flee police.
The incident happened shortly after 5 a.m. Friday when Gainesville police responded to a call from two females at SE 9th Street. Then, police say a car with two male passengers pulled onto SE 9th Street at a high rate of speed.
One of the two females told police that the male passenger in the car punched her and that both Brian S. Goodshall, 25, and the passenger tried to abduct her.
Police say they ordered everyone out of the car. The passenger complied, but Goodshall drove off and proceeded to hit a police car.
Officers say Goodshall stopped at the 1700 NW 43rd Street, and was arrested.
Goodshall was charged with aggravated assault on an officer, aggravated fleeing and attempting to elude, resisting arrest without violence, and DUI. He also did not have a valid driver's license.
- Police: Man Attempts To Retrieve Car By Breaking Into Tow Lot
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Police: Gainesville Man, 25, Tries To Outrun Cops
- Police: Man Tries To Rob Gainesville Liquor Store
- Gainesville Police Officer Chases Speeding Car
- Man Charged With Crashing Into Deputy's Car, Fleeing
- Man Flees After Crashing into Police Cruiser
- Police: Drunk Driver Assaults, Rams Ex-Girlfriend's Car
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting