UPDATE: Homeowner Describes Williston Fatal Plane Crash
Two small planes collided in mid-air and landed in a field directly behind a Williston home on Saturday... killing three people.
A family is now dealing with a tragedy that happened right in their own back yard. A normal Saturday for Debbie Phillips and her family includes doing chores around the house. But housework stopped when she heard a loud bang, and rushed out to the wreckage.
"I didn't even really know what to expect really when I got to the plane if it was going to explode or something, but I was more concerned about who might've been in there and needed some help" Phillips said.
Phillips discovered Lee Sentman and called 9-1-1.
Some pieces of the wreckage ended up just a few feet from Phillip's home, which is a reminder to her entire family what a sad loss this has been to Sentman's loved ones. The names of the passengers in the other plane have not been released. It could take weeks to determine what caused the crash that took three lives.
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Pilot Seriously Injured In Small Plane Crash
- UPDATE: 1 Unaccounted for in SFO Plane Crash
- Update: Williston Road Closures
- Father, Son Injured In Williston Plane Crash
- Two Planes Crash In Williston; Three People Dead
- Family of 6 Killed in Fatal Plane Crash
- Fla. Homeowner Fatally Shoots Invader
- Update: Second Day of Okpara Nelson Trial
- Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again