City's Message To Students...Fill Out The Census!
Whether it be from confusion, to forgetfulness, to never receiving the form, here in Gainesville, most students haven't returned their census forms.
The U.S. Census Bureau is hoping to reduce the amount of people they send door to door and encouraging students at both UF and Santa Fe College to fill out and mail in their form by April 12th.
Whether students live on or off campus, if they called Gainesville home on April 1st they should have filled out their form.
U.S. Census Officer Manager Norman Sassner says there's a lot of confusion on whether students fill out the form in Gainesville or have their parents count them.
If students think their parents have already claimed them on their census forms, students should talk with the census representative when they go door to door and clarify their residence.
If students want help or need a new census form they can go to any Alachua County library, the city of Gainesville's city hall, the U.S. census bureau on Northwest 53rd Avenue or GRU's downtown location.
- City's First Home Invasion Threatened an Infant's Life
- RTS Contract Negotiations Head to Arbitration as Union Rejects City's Latest Offer
- City's Underage Drinking Ordinance Gets Award
- Digging Deep for City's Fresh Water Supply
- City's Homeless Center Takes Step Forward
- Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application
- Fill Out Forms, Get A New Home For Free!
- Gainesville City Manager Looking for Candidates to Fill Police Chief Position
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out
- National Night Out Delivers Tasty Message