Counterfeit Bills On The Rise In Alachua County
The number of fake dollar bills being passed in Alachua County has jumped in the last five years.
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office reports that most of these forgeries involve bills being printed using computer laser printers. Others involve real bills being changed from lower denominations to larger denominations.
Detectives said you should pay attention to watermarks and the color-shifting ink on money in order to avoid getting scammed.
If you suspect a counterfeit bill, you are asked to try and keep the bill and notify law enforcement right away.
- Local Businesses on the Lookout for Counterfeit Bills
- Three Arrested for Counterfeiting Dollar Bills
- Burglaries on the Rise in Alachua County
- Statewide Wage Theft Bill Fails, Paving the Way for Alachua County's Ordinance
- Utility Bills Rising
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak
- Marion County Job Growth on Rise
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Tri-County Hospital Struggles to Pay Bills, Employees
- Counterfeit Nike Raid