Deputies Catch Suspect After High Speed Pursuit
A Gainesville man lead police on a high-speed chase through the city Thursday.
Steve Jones, 26, was driving a white Crown Victoria when Gainesville police officers tried stopping him. But, Jones took off reaching speeds of more than 100 mph.
Alachua County Sheriff's deputies caught up with him near the intersection of State Road 20 and SE 24th street.
This chase started when Jones's car slammed into a tan Ford Explorer
Jones was taken to Shands UF and is listed in good condition.
- Deputies Catch Carjacking Suspect After Multi-County Pursuit
- Fort White Man Leads Deputies On A High Speed Chase
- Man, 77, Leads Deputies On Multi-County High Speed Chase
- Serial Bank Robber Caught After High Speed Chase
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- Neighbor Helps Deputies Catch Crooks
- Partners in Crime-Prevention Help Catch Suspect
- Authorities May Be One Step Closer To Catching Their Suspect
- Man Arrested after Speed Chase in Levy County
- Gainesville to Google: Pick Us For High Speed Internet Test!