Deputies Catch Suspect After High Speed Pursuit
A Gainesville man lead police on a high-speed chase through the city Thursday.
Steve Jones, 26, was driving a white Crown Victoria when Gainesville police officers tried stopping him. But, Jones took off reaching speeds of more than 100 mph.
Alachua County Sheriff's deputies caught up with him near the intersection of State Road 20 and SE 24th street.
This chase started when Jones's car slammed into a tan Ford Explorer
Jones was taken to Shands UF and is listed in good condition.
- Deputies Catch Carjacking Suspect After Multi-County Pursuit
- Deputy catches suspects moments after hearing about them
- Man killed after high speed chase with deputies
- Fort White Man Leads Deputies On A High Speed Chase
- Man, 77, Leads Deputies On Multi-County High Speed Chase
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- Serial Bank Robber Caught After High Speed Chase
- Union County man caught after high speed chase
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Deputies issue holiday cards to speeding drivers