Deputies: Prescription Pill Addiction Is An Epidemic
Deputies say there have been four armed robberies involving prescription pills in Alachua County in just the past 30 days. In two of those, the robbers died because of the pills within 48 hours.
It's a story that's becoming all too common even though at least three recovering addicts say it's not the way it has to be.
To see the full story, you can watch the video on the right.
- Deputies: Man Arrested After Stealing Oxycontin Pills At Gainesville Pharmacy
- New Market of Prescription Pill Dealers?
- Prescription Pill Theft at CVS Pharmacy
- Finding A Balance With Prescription Pill Laws
- Unintended Consequence of Prescription Pill Laws
- Florida Prescription Pill Tracking Database
- Suspect Jumps Over Counter to Steal Prescription Pills
- Number of Deaths from Prescription Pills Down Across the State
- Crimes Against Seniors - Woman is Scammed for Her Prescription Pills
- Oxycodone in Deaths Are Down, But Prescription Pills Still Outnumber Illicit Drugs