Family Mourns Death of Cedar Key Boy
A family in Cedar Key is trying to come to grips with the sudden death of their five-year-old son.
What started with a trip to the dentist... ended with a funeral three days later.
Last Thursday, Dylan Stewart's parents took him to the dentist to get some fillings.
Ashley Hinkle, a Stewart family friend, told TV 20 Dylan was given the sedative Chloral Hydrate at Dr. Ronnie Grundset's office in Gainesville to make him go to sleep... but sometime after he was under, he stopped breathing. EMS took Dylan to Shands, where they pronounced him dead after about 45 minutes.
Hinkle says Dylan had no known allergies and his parents weren't told about any potential side effects.
Dr. Grundset wouldn't talk to TV 20.
Two of Dylan's siblings were also given the same sedative at Dr. Grundset's practice previously and didn't have complications.
Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies say they are waiting for the medical examiner's report before they'll comment on the case.
- Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Cedar Key Boy
- A Community Mourns The Death of Two Bradford High School Teens
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Cedar Key Arts Festival Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Town raises money for Cedar Key Prom
- Library Burglarized in Cedar Key
- Cedar Key Seafood Festival
- Settlement Reached in Cedar Key Lawsuit
- Hundreds Flock To Cedar Key Arts Festival