Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
FHP: Car Crashes Into, Topples Utility Pole On Williston Road
Some Alachua County residents were without power for a few hours this afternoon after a car crashed into a utility pole.
Just after 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Florida Highway Patrol troopers say the driver of a green SUV attempted to switch lanes at a high rate of speed on Williston Road in Gainesville when the driver struck the back of a beige Toyota Camry causing the car to rotate several times, before crashing into a utility pole.
The SUV continued in the opposite direction before overturning on the southbound shoulder of the road.
Portions of Williston Road remained closed for close to an hour to clean up the down power lines.
The driver of the Camry was pronounced dead on scene. The driver of the SUV was transported to Shands UF with unknown injuries. The names of both drivers have not been released.
- FHP: One Person Killed in Single-Car Accident On I-75, Rainy Weather to Blame
- Williston Road Crash
- Three Injured in Archer Road Car Crash
- FHP Seeking Tips on Tampa Road Rage Incident
- Ocala Utility Workers Turning on the Lights Up North
- Update: Williston Road Closures
- Williston Road Repairs Completed
- Father, Son Injured In Williston Plane Crash
- Two Planes Crash In Williston; Three People Dead
- UPDATE: Homeowner Describes Williston Fatal Plane Crash