FHP Seizes 89 Pounds of Marijuana During Traffic Stop
FHP arrested two men Thursday evening for possession of 89 pounds of marijuana.
FHP initially stopped the 2002 Chevrolet four-door pick-up truck near mile marker 380 on Interstate 75 for following too closely and a window tint violation.
A FHP canine found the large amount of marijuana in a duffel bag.
The driver, Austin Gomes, 36, of Deltona, and Christopher Salandy, 53, of Ocoee, are facing charges of drug trafficking, conspiracy to traffic marijuana as well as unlawful possession and distribution drug charges. Both were booked into the Alachua County Jail .
- Fla. Officials Seize 1,200 Pounds Of Marijuana This Week Alone
- Police Officer Shot During Traffic Stop
- Driver Resists Arrest During Traffic Stop
- Deputies Find Stash Of Drugs During Traffic Stop
- UPD Officer Fired For Misconduct During Traffic Stop
- Driver, Two Passengers Attempt To Flee During Routine Traffic Stop
- GPD taser man during traffic stop
- 400+ Pounds of Dope Seized From Reddick Farm
- Busted with Nearly Sixty Pounds Of Marijuana
- Shots Fired During a Routine Traffic Stop in Jacksonville