Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Fla. Man Sentenced to Seven Years For Attacking Wife With Hatchet
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - A Pasco County man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for attacking his wife with a hatchet.
A judged sentenced 43-year-old Daniel Stuckey on Friday. A jury convicted him in March of aggravated battery charge, acquitting him on the more severe charge of attempted murder.
Investigators say Stuckey attacked his wife with the hatchet in June 2008 during an argument at their home. Stuckey acknowledged that they were having an argument but testified that had been moving furniture with the hatchet earlier in the day and only dropped it on his wife by accident.
The jury didn't believe his story, and neither did the judge.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fla. Man Sentenced In Plot To Smuggle Turtles
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Fla. Man Draws 60 Years in Cannibalism Case
- Fla. Woman Says Steelers Player Attacked Her In A Nightclub
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Universal Ejects Fla. Man Because of T-shirt
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Fla. Man Dies In Skydiving Accident
- Fla. Man Stalks, Kills Diamondback Rattlesnake