Fla. Woman Tries To Blow Up Own Apartment Building
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.(AP) - A St. Petersburg woman is being held in jail on an attempted murder charge after authorities say she tried to blow up her own apartment building.
Rosalie Lalicata, 45, was arrested Friday. There was no bond or lawyer information listed on the Pinellas County Jail Web site on Saturday.
Authorities say Lalicata twice tried to spark a natural gas explosion at her building.
The building has four apartments. At least one other unit was occupied. Lalicata initially told officers that she was trying to blow up the building, according to a police report. But after she was read her rights, she denied it.
Two large industrial fans were used to air out the building.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
- Fla. Inmate Tries To Escape By Putting Dummy In Bed
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Woman Dies on Fla. Keys Dive Trip
- Woman Hit by Truck on I-75 in North Fla.
- Fla. Woman Says Steelers Player Attacked Her In A Nightclub
- Fla. Woman Accused of Selling Phony IPhones In Identity Theft Scam
- Man Murdered Inside Own Apartment
- Deputies: Fla. Woman, Adult Son Stole $2M in Toys
- Fla. Woman Charged with Haitian Visa Fraud
- Fla. Woman Meets Son She Gave Up for Adoption