Fort White Man Accused of Burglarizing Two Schools
A Columbia County man is in jail Friday accused of burglarizing two area schools.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office deputies said Fort White resident, Christopher Alan Thomas, 18, is accused of breaking into Columbia High School and Westside Elementary school on two separate occasions last month and stealing a flat screen television, a computer and audio/visual equipment.
Deputies have since been able to recover the stolen computer from Westside Elementary School.
They say that Thomas was trading or selling the stolen property to obtain narcotics.
Thomas is facing two counts of burglary, grand theft and dealing in stolen property. He is being held at the Columbia County Detention Facility on a $10,000 bond.
Deputies say more arrests are possible as the investigation continues.
- Students Teaching Sustainability at Fort White High School
- Fort White Man Found Alive
- Mold concerns at Fort White Elementary
- Man Accused of Sex with 14-Year-Old, Two Spoke Through App
- Fort White residents frustrated with water problem
- Fort White Mayor acknowledges water problems
- New concerns with Fort White chicken farm
- Burglar arrested on more than two-dozen charges
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work
- Gainesville Man Confronts Burglar