Hollywood Actor Visits High Springs
James Cameron's hit movie Avatar first *hit* theaters back in December. But fans at a small Alachua county theater showed off more than the film. They showed off one of their own.
People lined up outside the Priest Theater in High Springs to buy a ticket to see Avatar. But they also came to see actor James Pitt...who played the shuttle pilot in the film.
Pitt grew up in Williston, and he comes back home to visit as often as he can. When he does, he says sometimes it's a little nerve racking.
Pitt says working with James Cameron was a huge honor, and he is preparing for his next role, which is a lead in an action adventure film.
Shooting begins later this year.
- Doc Hollywood Days in Micanopy
- Micanopy Celebrates Doc Hollywood Days
- Renown Chefs Visit Eastside High
- Habitat for Humanity in High Springs
- First K9 Officer Joins High Springs Police Department
- High Springs Police Officer Back at Work
- Art in High Springs City Hall
- High Springs Issues Response to PBA Demands
- High Springs Fire Service Contract to End Wednesday
- High Springs Firefighters and Alachua County Appear Close to Agreement