Paper Route Perpetrator
It's not your typical string of burglaries.
An accused thief was no stranger to the neighborhoods he stole from, and many of the residents not only knew him, but trusted him.
Cory Sumner, a newspaper carrier, burglarized garages along his paper route, beginning in February.
Officials say he's been charged with 11 burglaries on Southeast 38th and 52nd Streets in Ocala, and say Sumner was finally busted when he used stolen credit card at a Walmart.
Officials say anyone who lives in areas that were burglarized and had property stolen should call the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
Cory Sumner is being held in the Marion County Jail on $82,000 bond.
- Three suspended for paper waiting list at Gainesville VA
- Community Paper Gets New Name
- Paper Cranes Promoting Peace
- Undercover Sex Sting Nabs Seven Men, as Police Blame Paper for Exposing Operation
- New School Bus Routes Have Parents Concerned
- Travel to Florida-Georgia Game Boosts Business Along the Route
- Citizens Ask County Commissioners for Expansion of Bus Routes
- RTS Bus Route Changes
- High Fuel Costs Cause School Buses To Scale Back Their Routes
- Keeping RTS Buses En Route