Police: Gainesville Woman Finds Invader In Bedroom
A Gainesville woman woke up to find herself staring face-to-face with a stranger in her own home.
Police say Timothy Butler, 24, entered the victim's apartment, which is off of NW 15th Street, through the window. When the victim woke up, the would-be burglar, who was wearing a dark-colored ski mask, ran out of the apartment taking a bottle of vodka with him.
When questioned, Butler told police he didn't know why he did it saying, "I just did it."
Butler is in the alachua county jail. He is facing burglary and loitering charges.
- Police: Woman Steals $900 Of Clothing From Gainesville Store
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Police: Woman Steals $700 Of Merchandise For Mother's Day Gifts
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Man Accused of Attacking Woman in Bedroom, Faces Her in Trial
- Police Need Help to Find Missing Melrose Woman
- Police: Gainesville Man, 25, Tries To Outrun Cops
- Police: Man Tries To Rob Gainesville Liquor Store
- Independent Group Releases Gainesville Police Review Findings