Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
A Lake City man is facing assault and animal cruelty charges after killing his girlfriend's feline companion.
Police said Timothy James Stearns, 38, threatened to kill the victim and then actually killed the victim's cat and left the dead feline on the couch positioned in front of the door.
The victim told police that Stearns confronted her at her workplace and said, "Don't come home, or you'll get what you get, and I'll kill you and your cat."
Stearns was booked into the Columbia County Jail is now facing cruelty to animals and assault charges in addition to violation of probation charges.
- Police: Drunk Driver Assaults, Rams Ex-Girlfriend's Car
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Police: Woman Steals $700 Of Merchandise For Mother's Day Gifts
- Police: Former Gator Football Player Accused Of Choking Girlfriend
- Police: Man Robs McDonald's Through Drive-Thru Window
- Man Who Threatened Police Sentenced to Holding 'Idiot' Sign
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Man Kills girlfriend, strangles neighbor
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend