Students Charged For Gun on Campus
Two Hawthorne High School Students are under arrest this afternoon charged with having a gun on campus.
It happened around 1:30pm, after a student called her mom and told her another student had a gun.
The mother called 911 and the school was placed on lockdown. After interviewing students, Alachua County deputies eventually found the gun in a locker.
It turns out the gun was an airsoft gun. It only shoots plastic things like paintball pellets.
The students are both under arrest and charged with possession of a firearm on campus, which is a felony.
TV 20 News is not releasing the names of the students at this time.
- Student arrested for hiding guns on campus
- Lawmakers File Bill That Would Allow Guns on Campus
- Florida Court of Appeals Rules Guns are Allowed on University Campuses
- Guns on UF Campus
- Teacher Arrested for Carrying Gun on Campus
- Guns on Campus
- Police arrest man who fires gun on UF's campus
- Students React to Sexual Battery on UF's Campus
- UF Alum Brings Students Along for Campus Trip
- UF Campus Braces for Cold Weather as Students Return