UF Student Organization Wants To Put The Brakes On Rape
The AAREST program is an official agency of UF's student government, their goal is to stop rape on campus.
Today, the organization joined others at the sexual assault awareness fair to expose students to a problem that's no stranger to college campuses.
AAREST executive director Jillian Rogers says an easy way to protect yourself on campus is to utilize university wide programs available for free to students.
One such program, the Student Nighttime Auxilary Patrol, or S.N.A.P.
They give people a person to walk with when they have to travel through campus at night.
All the programs offered help prevent sexual crimes and promote a sense of safety throughout the community.
Rogers says her ultimate goal is to raise awareness with women, while enlightening men.
For a list of organizations that the university of florida provides visit their Web site.
- City Puts the Brakes on Red-Light Cameras
- Kids Not Putting The Brakes On Learning
- Students Organize 9/11 Tribute Ceremony
- UF Fraternity Allowed To Register As An Official Student Organization
- Gainesville Man Accused of Raping UF Student
- UF STUDENTS RAISE MONEY FOR RAPE VICTIM
- Santa Fe College President Putting Students and Employees First During Budget Process
- UF Student Battling Gigantism Wants to Advocate for Others
- UF Journalism Organization Receives National Recognition
- A Local Non-Profit Organization Says Popsicles Can Impact the Economy...