Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
UF Students Can't Use Haiti footage
Two University of Florida documentary students say their fight to shed light on one aid organization in Haiti has turned into a fight on the UF campus.
UF graduate students Jon Bougher and Roman Safiullin were filming their thesis project in Haiti, when the earthquake hit.
After arriving back to Florida safely, the two soon realized they needed to return to Haiti.
"The earthquake is going to affect our lead characters in ways that we couldn't have imagined, and if we don't document that change after the earthquake, we really have an incomplete film," said Jon Bougher.
Using their own money and equipment, Bougher and Safiullin traveled back to Haiti, but their final thesis film cannot include footage captured during any post-earthquake trips. After a ban on UF sanctioned, sponsored or approved trips to Haiti, university officials say the two broke the rules.
Bougher says the documentary is not complete without the new footage, so he and Safiullin are finishing their masterpiece, hoping the university will reconsider.
- "Certified Substitutes" Can't Replace Full-time Teachers
- Kid Who Can't Eat Fundraiser
- Track Walk for Those Who Can't
- Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing Comes To Gainesville
- Record Hits on Mag's 'Women Can't Have It All' Story
- Obama Campaign: Romney Can't Buy the Presidency
- Gov. Scott Says Families Can't Afford Tuition Hike
- Court: Florida Man Can't Be Held As Sex Offender
- Gators Can't Squeeze Orangemen
- Gators Can't Cage Tigers