Cedar Key Prepares for Hurricane Season
Hurricane season is always potentially dangerous... but its been five years since a major storm has shaken North Central Florida.
With June 1st rapidly approaching... emergency workers are putting the final touch on their plans for this year.
Cedar Key officials are compiling a list of people who'll need special assistance if a hurricane should strike.
Fire Chief Robert Robinson says since there are hundreds of elderly people in cedar Key... it's important for them to be on the list. But it's not limited to just the elderly.
To put your name on the list, email or call the Cedar Key fire station, police department or city hall.
- Cedar Key affected by Hurricane Hermine
- Cedar Key cleans up after Hurricane Hermine
- UF research facility damaged by hurricane at Cedar Key
- Cedar Key's Art Festival Preparations
- Cedar Key residents prepare for Fay
- Cedar Key officials prepared for more flooding
- AARP Helping Seniors Prepare for Hurricane Season
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- Emergency Managers Urge Residents To Prepare For Hurricane Season Early
- Preparing for 2010 Hurricane Season