Crews Fight 40-Acre Brush Fire In Putnam County
Florida Division of Forestry crews are on scene battling a 40-acre brush fire in Putnam County.
The fire is in a rural, heavily-wooded area in Mondex, which is between Interlachen and Palatka.
Crews are still investigating the official cause, but they say lightning likely started the fire.
Crews said no homes or structures are in damage.
But, there are several reports of smog in the Interlachen area.
- Fire crews work to contain 86 acre wildfire in Putnam County
- Fire crews containing 140 acre fire at Weyerhaeuser timber property
- 300 acre Brush Fire in Levy County is Growing
- Bradford County Crews Battled Brush Fires
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- Car crash on I-75 causes small brush fire on highway
- Dog fighting busted in Putnam County
- Crews investigating two house fires in Suwanee County
- Hopkin's Prairie Fire Tears Through More than 19-Hundred Acres in Marion County
- Putnam County fires investigated as arson