Fire Victims Say Renters Insurance is a Must
Residents of sixteen units are starting to rebuild their lives... after a fire ripped through their apartment complex last week.
But that rebuilding is harder for some people.
What they didn't know about renters insurance could've saved them a lot of heartache... and expense.
One insurance agent says many residents assume their landlord has insurance to cover them.
And what they don't realize is how cheap renters insurance can be.
He says a $20,000 policy costs about $25 a month... which covers all a renter's belongings... just not the structure itself, which the owner is responsible for.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. No one was hurt, but the building was a total loss.
A relief fund has been set up at Capital City bank in Gainesville to help the victims.
- Do you have renters insurance?
- Police Say Shooting Victim Fired Shots Into Crowd
- FIRE: UF's Insurance Not Enough To Rebuild
- Rape Victim Says Rapists Should Not Have Custody Rights
- Motorcycle Crash Victim Says Driver at Fault Was Texting and Driving
- More Than Just A "Flasher" Says Victim
- Man Accused of Identity Theft Released from Jail, Says He's a Victim
- Advocates say children are often victims of human trafficking
- "A Pillar in the Community." A Fire Victim's Family Speaks Out
- Woman Says Accident Started A Fire In Her Home