Gainesville Police Set up Decoys To Help Curb Illegal Crosswalk Practice
Failing to stop for pedestrians at crosswalks could set you back more than $150 and cost you points on your license. In fact, that's what happened to one Bronson woman back in April.
Kelly Huslander was ticketed during an undercover operation put on by Gainesville Police. Huslander failed to stop as a decoy, which was a GPD officer, crossed the street. She was pulled over, but says she was unfairly targeted.
"If they were on the side of the road and saw somebody that was trying to get across the road and a person doesn't stop, by all means give that person a ticket."
GPD will continue these decoys throughout the city. They wouldn't tell us where or when they plan to conduct other undercover operations, but they tell TV20 the decoys are working.
- Crosswalk Decoy
- Police Find Solution for Southwest 62nd Boulevard Crosswalk
- Gainesville Police Headquarters Set To Receive Extreme Makeover
- Crosswalk Concerns on SW 62nd Blvd Still Linger
- Practice Makes Perfect, Gainesville Doctor Honored
- Gainesville City Attorney Recommends Revising Ordinances to Reflect Fuel Adjustment Practices
- Two Men Arrested by Miami-Dade Police for Running Illegal Slaughterhouse
- Teenagers Hope to Curb Dating Violence
- Curbing Prostitution
- Curb- Side Recycling Coming to Ocala