Local Beauty Paquent Winner Raises Awareness About Eating Disorders
A local Miss Florida hopeful is making it her mission to help local children and teach them the dangers of eating disorders.
Kelly Redoutey, who is the current Miss Ocala-Marion county, hosted The Children's Miracle Network event fundraiser at Gator's Dockside in Ocala Saturday.
Redoutey was also raising awareness for another charity called, Helping Other People Eat or Hope.
She says she understands firsthand the dangers of eating disorders.
"It was something that I went through, so growing up its something that never leaves you, its a scar," Redoutey said. "So, its just important everyday you look in the mirror and just remind yourself that you're comfortable with who you are."
Ticket sales for Saturday's event raised more than $1,000.
- Raising Awareness About New Health Laws in Florida
- Alachua County Officials Host Event To Raise Awareness About Census
- Teens Raise Awareness About Bullying
- Eating Disorders Among Students
- Warning About Brain Eating Amoebas
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- Local Young Woman Battling Cystic Fibrosis Is On A Quest To Raise Awareness
- Hundreds Gathered To Walk With NHRA Drivers, Raise Awareness For Spinal Cord Diseases
- People Gather To Raise Awareness, Money For American Cancer Society
- Summer Weather Raises Awareness on Parking Lot Safety