A Majority Of Parents Install Car Seats Incorrectly, Putting Kids At Risk
Nine out of ten parents who use a car seat to secure their kids are using it incorrectly.
That means thousands of kids in North Central Florida aren't as safe as they could be on the road.
Installing a seat correctly is no easy task, with new models, new cars and changing rules on how best to do it, the whole process can be overwhelming.
Thankfully for parents, Shands Safe Kid's program is there to help.
The organization coaches parents through the process and makes sure the seat is properly installed, all for free!
For more information and to schedule an appointment visit:
- Alachua Car Seat Station Helps Parents and Kids
- How to Properly Install a Car Seat
- Car Seat Safety: Is Your Child At Risk?
- Some of the Most Common Mistakes People Make When Putting in Their Car Seat
- Parents Reminded to Check Child's Safety Seat
- American Says Installation Job Caused Seat Snafu
- At-Risk Kids Receive Scholarships Through Take Stock in Children Organization
- Kids Not Putting The Brakes On Learning
- Safety First, Child Car Seats
- Is Your Child's Car Booster Seat Safe?