Marion County Commissioners Reject Limerock Mine
Its round three in the battle to bring a limerock mine to Marion County.
In round one last May, county commissioners voted down the plan.
In round two last October, a magistrate said they should reconsider.
In round three... commissioners did in fact re- consider the proposal.
But late last night, they unanimously rejected it once again.
A company called CB III owns the land near the intersection of Northwest Gainesville Road and 100th Street in Marion County and wanted to build the mine there...
But many residents opposed the idea, saying the mine would disrupt their neighborhood.
Commissioners tonight said the mine was inconsistent with the Marion County comprehensive plan.
CB III could re-apply for a special use permit-- or file suit.
- County Rejects Limestone Mine
- Micanopy Town Commissioners Reject New Sidewalk Project
- Marion County Commissioners Approve Panhandling Ordinance
- Marion Commissioners Push Back Water Issue
- Special Exception Hearing For Tarmac King Road Mine
- City, County Commissioners Ready to Move Forward after Joint Meeting
- County Commissioners To Vote On Fire Assessment Fee
- Alachua County Commissioners Special Hearing
- Sheriff Sadie Darnell Responds to the Board of County Commissioners
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?