Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
NYPD Bomb Squad Gives All-Clear In Times Square
NEW YORK (AP) - The bomb squad of the New York Police Department says a suspicious cooler in Times Square is not a threat.
Police found water bottles and books in the green, soft-sided cooler at the edge of a pedestrian mall in Times Square. They opened streets to traffic about an hour after investigating.
Police called in the bomb squad and cordoned off streets with yellow police tape after the package was found on the sidewalk. No evacuations were ordered from buildings, but workers were told to stay indoors as the police responded.
Several streets were closed as a precaution because the cooler was found a few blocks from where a smoking SUV and failed car bomb was found Saturday night.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Bomb Squad Blows Up Explosive
- Bomb Squad, Haz-Mat Team respond to backpack full of sand
- Bomb Threat Clears Plaza Royale
- Ticking Time Bomb At Putnam County Jail
- Support for Legalizing Marijuana at All-Time High
- Number of Florida Kids Who Qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch at an all time High
- New Survey Reveals That Consumer Confidence Is At An All-Time Low
- Swim Squad
- Will Innovation Square Spark Redevelopment?