Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
Florida Highway Patrol troopers are investigating a deadly crash involving a Putnam County Sheriff's deputy.
Investigators say Gilberto Gonzalez-Fuentes, 62, was walking across U.S. 17 in East Palatka late Friday night when Deputy Pedro Ruiz was traveling north through the area.
Troopers say Ruiz never saw the victim, who was wearing dark clothes and that's when he hit him with his cruiser.
Authorities say Gonzalez-Fuentes was also hit by another motorist and died at the scene.
Ruiz was treated for minor injuries.
- Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
- Vehicle Hits, Kills Rare Fla. Panther
- Pedestrian Killed While Crossing Street
- Pedestrian Killed In Hit And Run Crash
- Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Shot
- Truck hits, critically injures GPD officer
- I-75 Pedestrian Hit
- Pedestrian Who Was Hit By Vehicle Dies
- Pedestrian Hit In The Road
- Clay County Deputy Killed