Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
Florida Highway Patrol troopers are investigating a deadly crash involving a Putnam County Sheriff's deputy.
Investigators say Gilberto Gonzalez-Fuentes, 62, was walking across U.S. 17 in East Palatka late Friday night when Deputy Pedro Ruiz was traveling north through the area.
Troopers say Ruiz never saw the victim, who was wearing dark clothes and that's when he hit him with his cruiser.
Authorities say Gonzalez-Fuentes was also hit by another motorist and died at the scene.
Ruiz was treated for minor injuries.
- Pedestrian Hit, Killed in Marion County
- Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
- Vehicle Hits, Kills Rare Fla. Panther
- Pedestrian Killed While Crossing Street
- Pedestrian Killed In Hit And Run Crash
- Pedestrian killed after being hit by a car
- Putnam County Deputy Shot
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- Car hits pedestrian on 17th Street in Ocala