Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
A man is in jail Sunday facing DUI charges, after crashing his car in the Putnam County Sheriff's Office parking lot.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, Michael A. Giermanski, 27, of Gainesville, was driving a 2002 Chevy Malibu at 5 a.m. on County Road 329 when he lost control of his car, struck a sign, and then proceeded to drive through the Putnam County Sheriff's Office parking lot knocking down another sign and a palm tree.
FHP said Giermanski drove his car through some bushes. The car finally came to a stop in a grassy area behind the sheriff's office parking lot.
A Putnam County Sheriff's Office deputy, who was in his patrol car in the parking lot, witnessed the crash.
Giermanski is charged with DUI resulting in property damage and careless driving. He received minor injuries in the crash.
- Baby born in ACSO parking lot
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Troopers: 3 dead in 1-car crash in South Florida
- Friend speaks out after Putnam County man shot, killed
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Cattle Car Crash
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Student Dies After Saving Schoolmate's Life In Crash
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Putnam Co. "Tardy" in Informing Parents of Attempted Abduction