Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
A man is in jail Sunday facing DUI charges, after crashing his car in the Putnam County Sheriff's Office parking lot.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, Michael A. Giermanski, 27, of Gainesville, was driving a 2002 Chevy Malibu at 5 a.m. on County Road 329 when he lost control of his car, struck a sign, and then proceeded to drive through the Putnam County Sheriff's Office parking lot knocking down another sign and a palm tree.
FHP said Giermanski drove his car through some bushes. The car finally came to a stop in a grassy area behind the sheriff's office parking lot.
A Putnam County Sheriff's Office deputy, who was in his patrol car in the parking lot, witnessed the crash.
Giermanski is charged with DUI resulting in property damage and careless driving. He received minor injuries in the crash.
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Shot
- Sheriff's Deputy One of Two Victims Injured in Series of Car Crashes
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Man Shot by Dixie County Sheriff's Deputy
- Man Dies in Crash in Putnam County
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Marks Sexual Predator Residences