Police: Drunk Driver Assaults, Rams Ex-Girlfriend's Car
Gainesville Police say Vincent Polvere, 24, assaulted a woman, while she was getting in her car, outside Hogan's sandwich shop off of Northwest 13th Street late Friday evening.
He followed the victim, who police say was his ex-girlfriend, to the bank of America.
Witnesses say Polvere rammed his car into the back of the victim's car in the parking lot. Once he got the woman out of the car, he grabbed her by her throat and pushed her into the bushes.
Polvere is charged with aggravated assault, battery on a LEO, and a DUI.
Police say he refused to take a breathlizer test. His bond is set at $126,000.
- Man Clings to Ex-Girlfriend's Car for 10 Miles
- Police: NM Driver Drove Drunk While Having Sex
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend's Cat, Threatens To Kill Woman
- Home Invader Shot to Death After Forcing Way into Ex-Girlfriend's Home
- Police: Former Gator Football Player Accused Of Choking Girlfriend
- Drunk Driver Hits Six Patrol Cars, Nearly Injures Officers
- Drunk Driver Hits Cop Car
- Three Drivers Hit GPD Patrol Cars, All Charged or Suspected of Drunk Driving
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Police: Man Attempts To Retrieve Car By Breaking Into Tow Lot