Union County Correction Officers On Trial
The trial began today in the case of three Union county corrections officers accused of beating an inmate. Officers Clayton Lee, Daniel Ledwith and Marcel Lizotte are accused of beating Troy Thomas on April 9th 2009. The incident started when Thomas refused to get his hair cut. He became physical with the officers and that's when investigators say the inmate was beat. State Attorney spokesperson Spencer Mann said "There is forensics evidence that was recovered from the scene that we believe links defendants to the crime."
Defense attorneys for the officers say they followed the proper procedure and that Thomas is trying to work the system. The officers are charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and battery on an inmate. Troy Thomas is expected to testify, as well as the officers. If convicted, they could receive fines and prison time.
- Union County Correction Officers On Trial Day Two
- Bradford County Corrections Officer Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?
- Trial Begins For Two Marion County Officers Accused Of Beating An Inmate
- Correctional Officer Charged With Possession of Child Pornography
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Corrections Officer Quits
- Donations For Killed Corrections Officer
- Inmates, officers injured in riot at Suwannee Correctional Institution
- Correctional Officer Accused of Stealing Hundreds of Identities