Alachua County Commissioners Vote Down Fire Assessment Fee
It appears Alachua County residents lit a fire under county commissioners.
On the hot seat... they made a final decision on a proposed fire fee to pay for fire services.
Residents avoided the fee but will pay a rate increase to fund the fire department.
The debate came down to whether the fire department would be funded by the fire millage rate, as it always has been, or by a new fire assessment fee.
Commissioners came down on the side of no fire assessment fee, with a 3 to 2 vote against it.
Instead, they decided to compromise by increasing the millage rate to 1.339. However, even with that increase, the fire department still has to cut $800,000 from the budget..
- County Commissioners To Vote On Fire Assessment Fee
- Fire Assessment Fee Voted Down
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider Fire Assessment Fee
- Gainesville City Commissioners to vote on Fire Fee Thursday
- Waste and Fire Assessment Fees Marion County
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Fire Assessment Fee Help
- Fire Assessment Fee Goes Up In Smoke
- Assessing Fire Fees
- Gainesville City Leaders Debate Implementing Fire Assessment Fees