Gainesville's Leaders Approve Fire Fee
Gainesville's city commission has passed a fire assessment fee, but not everyone will have to pay all of it. To help some people afford the added expense, Gainesville is offering a series of credits and exemptions for qualified applicants. Homeowners or businesses who have installed a sprinkler system are eligible for a 10 percent credit. Mobile home tenants and owners can avoid the fee all together on lots that are either vacant or have no permanent structure on them. Additionally, nonprofits could be eligible for financial assistance through a proposed grant city commissioners are still considering. Applications for credits and exemptions are due as early as august 16th. You can download the forms from the city's website.
- Gainesville City Leaders Debate Implementing Fire Assessment Fees
- City Commissioners Approve (Part Of) Fire Fee
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Gainesville City Commissioners to vote on Fire Fee Thursday
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider Fire Assessment Fee
- Fire Fees And UF
- Waste and Fire Assessment Fees Marion County
- City, UF to discuss fire fees
- Fire Fee Changes?
- Helping Homeowners Understand The Fire Assessment Fee