Levy County Woman Helping Hurt Horses
In many cases of animal neglect, its often left to the county to care for the animals. But one Levy County woman is doing what she can to help hurt horses.
For more than four years Theresa Batchelor has been the voice for neglected horses. She's rescued and nourished back to health more than 100 at her farm on southeast 160th ave in Morriston.
Even though she works with sick horses everyday, seeing one mistreated animal still makes her cry. But tears couldn't stop Batchelor from making a four hour drive to Naples on Friday to pick up seven horses from a woman accused of neglecting her more than 30 horses.
Some horses were left to die and rot on the property, and Batchelor says she wants to get the rest them.
Despite the emotional roller coaster, Batchelor will continue to speak up for horses, because she believes that's what she was breed to do.
- Horses Helping Horses event raises money for horses in need
- FHP: 1 dead, others hurt in Levy County crash
- 12 Students Hurt in Putnam County School Bus Crash
- Driver hits home, family inside not hurt
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Putnam County high-speed chase
- Healing Horses, Helping Sandy Hook Victims
- Gainesville's Mini Horses Head To Newtown To Help Heal
- Teacher Brings In Horse To Help Students Create Art
- Neglected horses get well-deserved help thanks to fundraiser
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie