New Wing, New Possibilities For Patients
Children in North Central Florida will get some extra help when it comes to medical care.
This morning Shands Hospital received a major donation.
Funded through a 500 thousand dollar donation from the combined efforts of the Nascar and V Foundations, Shands UF was able to redesign their children's oncology and hematology units.
The new wing features games and rooms that let's kids be kids with filters and plumbing that protect their weakened immune systems.
The wing will open to patients on July 6th and even features a community game room made possible through Tim Tebow's First and Fifteen Foundation.
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination
- New Bus Route, New Possibilities
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- New Drink Helps Cancer Patients
- Ventricular Assist Device Gives New Hope To Patients With Heart Failure
- Lung Transplants Offer New Hope For Some Cystic Fibrosis Patients
- New emergency room to benefit patients and rescue workers
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- County OK's Bump Up In Pay for Possible New County Manager
- GPD, UFPD Release New Video, Sketch of Possible Sexual Assault Suspect