New Wing, New Possibilities For Patients
Children in North Central Florida will get some extra help when it comes to medical care.
This morning Shands Hospital received a major donation.
Funded through a 500 thousand dollar donation from the combined efforts of the Nascar and V Foundations, Shands UF was able to redesign their children's oncology and hematology units.
The new wing features games and rooms that let's kids be kids with filters and plumbing that protect their weakened immune systems.
The wing will open to patients on July 6th and even features a community game room made possible through Tim Tebow's First and Fifteen Foundation.
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination
- New Bus Route, New Possibilities
- New Drink Helps Cancer Patients
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- Lung Transplants Offer New Hope For Some Cystic Fibrosis Patients
- Ventricular Assist Device Gives New Hope To Patients With Heart Failure
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- County OK's Bump Up In Pay for Possible New County Manager
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Wings of Dreams to receive NASA artifacts