Ocala Police Officer In Critical Condition After Crash
An Ocala police officer will have a long road ahead of him after crashing and overturning his personal vehicle early Wednesday morning.
Robert Bennett was traveling on Northeast 25th Avenue when he over-corrected his truck after failing to turn a curve. FHP says Bennett was not wearing his seat belt and was ejected. Bennett was taken to Shands UF with severe head trauma and placed under a medically induced coma.
"it's just best for them to have him on those type of restrictions in order to help in treatment, but he's stable. Of course, anytime you have trauma to the head, it's critical but very glad to hear he's stable," says Deputy Chief Rodney Smith.
Bennett began his career with the Ocala Police Department in 1994. FHP says the crash was not alcohol related.
- Elderly man in critical condition after attack
- UPDATE: One dead, One Police Officer in Critical Condition After Altercation Outside Restaurant
- Motorcycle crash leaves one in critical condition
- One Man Still In Critical Condition After Shooting In Lake Butler
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County
- Man in critical condition after hit and run
- Man in Critical Condition After Losing Control of Car
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Five-Month-Old Dead, Mom and Big Sister in Critical Condition