Bank Robber Fail
It was an unsuccessful robbery... perhaps by design. This afternoon a woman walked into a bank, saying she had a gun, but the incident ended when the robber asked for the police.
Just before noon, police say the Wachovia bank on 13th and 39th was robbed by 60-year-old Anna Olmsted...
According to detectives, two patrol officers, parked seconds from the bank, heard the call and responded.
According to the report, Olmsted told the teller, "this is a robbery, i have a gun, go call the police, i'll wait."
Olmsted then left the counter and sat down in the lobby. The teller activated the bank alarm. Detectives say Olmsted did not have a gun.
During questioning, Olmsted told police she had been planning the robbery for three weeks, and was doing it because she needed the money to help her son go to college.
Olmsted also told detectives she was hoping to get caught, so she could go to prison.
Omstead is being charged with attempted armed robbery.
- Bank Robbery Fail
- Gainesville Police Search for Wells Fargo Bank Robber
- Bank Robbers on the Run
- Marion County Searching for Bank Robber
- Arrested Armed Bank Robber Talks to TV20
- Gainesville Police ID Bank Robber
- PNC Bank Robber Arrested
- Security Video Shows Getaway of PNC Bank Robber
- Serial Bank Robber Caught After High Speed Chase
- Belleview Police Search For Bank Robber