Dove World Outreach Center Applies for Burn Permit
A Gainesville church's plan to burn one religion's holiest book may have another obstacle. The Dove World Outreach Center has applied for a burn permit for its September 11th's burning of the Quran. The permit is awaiting final approval and it's unclear if the Center's request meets the city ordinance. Gainesville Interim Fire Chief Gene Prince says even though the request is controversial they're following procedure.
"From our standpoint under the ordinance, we look at whether it complies and if we're treating them like everyone else," said Gainesville Interim Fire Chief Gene Prince
Pastor Terry Jones says they're going ahead with plans and collecting as many copies of the book as they can.
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Dove World Outreach Sale Finalized
- Cornerstone Academy Falls Short to Purchase Dove World Outreach Center
- Protests at Dove Outreach Center
- Controversy Continues at The Dove Outreach Center
- Three New Islam Signs at Dove Outreach Center
- Tight Security Outside Dove World Outreach Center
- Dove World Outreach Timeline of Events
- Spirit Of Faith Officially Opens Its Doors
- Radical Display in Front of Gainesville Church Causing Stir