Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
An Ocala man is dead after he set his mobile home and barn on fire. Officials say the ordeal began with an emergency call to Marion County Fire Rescue about a domestic dispute Monday at 3:19 p.m.
When Fire Rescue arrived at the home, located at the 700 block of S.W. Country Road 42, they encountered an assaulted woman. They transported her to the Ocala Regional Medical Center. Her name and condition has not been released.
Twenty minutes later, Fire Rescue received other emergency calls from neighbors regarding a fire. One neighbor told TV20 he saw a man running from the mobile home with what appeared to be a shotgun.
Upon arrival, the SWAT team swarmed the area and held fire fighters back until they pin downed the location of the man with the gun. He was inside a nearby building.
Neighbor, Eric Shoef described what happened next. "About five minutes after the armored car came in, we heard a muffled gun shot and that was it.. no more rushing around."
Officials believe the man committed suicide after assaulting the woman and setting his mobile home and barn on fire. The barn, which was right next to the mobile home was burned to the ground.
Officials have not released the name of the man or woman involved, nor have they clarified their relationship. More details are expected to be released.
- Eleven Horses Killed in Williston Barn Fire
- A Barn Fire Leaves Family Without a Home
- Mobile Home Fire Kills Marion County Man
- Man Killed in Act of Self Defense
- Man Sets House On Fire To Kill Family
- Man Rents Gun, Kills Self at Orlando Gun Range
- Man Sets Condo On Fire
- A Women Fears For Her Life After The Man Who Allegedly Set Her Property On Fire Is Out Of Jail.
- Horses Perish in Barn Fire
- Barn Fire Accidental