A total of three sinkholes have opened up in Ocala since Friday... two of the sinkholes were in a residential neighborhood. Scary, nerveracking, and upsetting are some of the words residents used to describe a massive sinkhole that opened up in the Fore Ranch neighborhood in Ocala yesterday.
Part of a path and 25 foot tree have been swallowed up by the hole which is over 80 feet wide and as deep as 50 feet. One homeowner says sinkholes are no stranger to this subdivision, and that has some worried about property values. Police are watching the area and are hoping along with residents this is the last time they'll need to monitor a hole in the ground. Crews are expected to begin repairs Monday, weather permitting.
- Sinkhole Drains Retention Pond In Ocala
- Sinkhole Causes Resort Villa to Partially Collapse
- Sinkhole Debate
- Possible Sinkhole Being Investigated Near Tampa
- Sinkholes: The Sinking Problem
- Nations Park In Newberry Filling In Sinkhole
- High Price of Repairing Sinkholes
- Newberry Home to Undergo Sinkhole Repairs After Cavern Discovered Underneath
- Sinkhole Repairs in Newberry Home
- A Newberry Home Saved From Sinkhole